We need local volunteers to help us make our telephone calls as well as support with administration and fundraising. Please contact us using the details on the Contact Us section of our website or message us on Facebook page if you are interested in volunteering with us. We have many vulnerable people throughout the Down and Mourne areas. You could be part of the team that makes a real difference to these people’s lives.
- One or two mornings a week (Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 1.00pm)
- Making a good morning telephone call to our project members at an agreed time each morning.
- Building relationships with our members during this friendly chat, checking on their well-being, showing a genuine interest in them and passing on relevant community information.
- Signposting our members to other agencies or services that can support or advise them if needed.
- Phoning their nominated contacts (usually family, friends, neighbours, etc) if our member does not answer their phone at the agreed time. These contacts can then advise us if they know our member’s whereabouts or they can go round to their home and check on them.
- The volunteer needs to be caring and friendly and have a genuine empathy for the needs of older people and those with other health difficulties.
- Confidentiality will be essential. Our members must feel certain that information about them will not be discussed outside the Good Morning Down office or passed on to any of their nominated contacts, etc.
- Have some experience in basic computer keyboard skills and have some experience in, or be willing to learn how to, work in a small office environment.
- Registration and an interview with the Manager.
- Two character references.
- Access NI check.
- Driving license (desirable)
Interested but still unsure? Get in touch with us here.